Our Craft Room is the most utilized room in the Novacare Village! There are sewing machines, art equipment, facilities for mosaics, Nuno felting and card marking. There is also a store room of fabrics for quilting / patchwork and much more. “Everyone is Welcome” You do not have to be an expert to join our many activities. Just come along and join in the fun!
“Our Craft Room” is a room where the walls are adorned with the talented residents works of art and patchwork / quilting.
It’s a room that almost daily has people in it sharing their craft, their ideas and ideals.
It is a room that offers a kindly ear to those less fortunate and who love their craft and come along for a chat and fellowship and to share a cuppa at afternoon tea.
It is a room that offers kindness and outreach to many deserving charities such as –
- Knee Rugs for the wheelchair kids
- Trauma Bears for the Ambulance and Police
- Varieties of items for the Joseph Coat Box
- Baby bonnets for the premature babies at King Edward Hospital
- Patwork Rugs for foster children
- Prayer quilts for those suffering through a crisis, bereavement or serious illness
Last but not least members of our Craft Room are responsible for organising the Daffodil Day and Pink Ribbon Day for Cancer Research – It is indeed a room to be associated with!!!